[Cmake] Generating gnu Makefiles compiling under MSVC

Paul Smyth paul.smyth at vicon.com
Tue May 27 06:47:30 EDT 2003

I haven't managed to find anything under Google, so here goes:

Gnu make supports parallel make, while nmake doesn't, so gnu make might be a
preferable choice for batch building on a multiprocessor box. I was
wondering how much work it would be for me (or someone else) to make a
configuration for CMakeSetup under windows that generated gnu Makefiles
which invoked MSVC, given that gnu makefiles can be generated under
Cygwin/Windows, albeit compiling with gcc.

Is this a bonkers thing to want? Has it already been done and I haven't
noticed?

Thanks, Paul Smyth.

This e-mail, and any attachment, is confidential. If you have received it in
error, please delete it from your system, do not use or disclose the
information in any way, and notify me immediately.