[Cmake] INSTALL_TARGETS command on Windows

Parag Chandra pchandra at radonc.unc.edu
Fri May 23 15:48:28 EDT 2003

Hi,

I am trying to get the final output of my build targets (i.e. the .lib,
.exe, and .dll files) to be placed into a single directory under Windows. I
tried setting LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH and EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH to the folder I
want, and this seems to work, but I also seem to get a lot of the
intermediate files thrown in there as well. For example, building foo.exe
causes foo.exe, .ilk, .exp, .lib, and .pdb to all be put in that directory,
but I just want foo.exe to be there. I tried using the INSTALL_TARGETS
command in one of my CmakeLists files, but this doesn't seem to do anything
under Windows. I know this is possible, because ITK does it, but I don't
understand how it's doing it. Does anyone know the answer?

Best regards,

-Parag Chandra