[Cmake] multiple compile of an object

Ken Weinert Ken.Weinert at ihs.com
Fri May 16 11:47:17 EDT 2003

OK, I thought I had this one solved, but it turns out that it isn't
quite right.

My situation is this:

	I frequently write a little test program into my class
definitions. That is, at the end of the file where all the methods
have been defined you'll find something like this:

	#if defined(<CLASSNAME>_MAIN_NEEDED)
	int main()
	{
		// test code goes here
	}
	#endif

	And then I'll compile a small standalone test program and also
compile the .o to be included in the main program.

	Is there a way to automate this in CMake? If so, a pointer to
where it might be documented (or an idea of how to do it) would be
appreciated.

	Thank you.

/~\ The ASCII        Ken Weinert   Ken.Weinert at ihs.com
\ / Ribbon Campaign  303-858-6956 (V) 303-705-4258 (F)
 X  Against HTML     GnuPG: 9274F1CE  GnuPG available at http://www.gnupg.org/
/ \ Email!           1D87 3720 BB77 4489 A928  79D6 F8EC DD76 9274 F1CE
Giving up on assembly language was the apple in our Garden of Eden:
Languages whose use squanders machine cycles are sinful. The LISP
machine now permits LISP programmers to abandon bra and fig-leaf. --
Alan J. Perlis