[Cmake] Reconciling MD, MDd, MT, MTd libraries

Chris Scharver scharver at evl.uic.edu
Mon May 12 22:12:40 EDT 2003

At 9:46 PM -0400 05/11/2003, William A. Hoffman wrote:
>You can do something like this so that it will
>find any one of them:
>
>FIND_LIBRARY(CAVE_cave_LIBRARY
>NAMES cave_ogl_mt_MDd cave_ogl_mt_MD cave_ogl_mt_MT cave_ogl_mt_MTd
>PATHS ${CAVE_HOME}/lib32
>DOC "Path to cave library")

Thanks for the response. In trying again, I noticed that I forgot to add the 'lib' prefix. (The files are named libcave_ogl_mt...) Too many conflicts in library-naming paradigms across platforms... ;)

What about the other question? Is there an easier way to change the Visual Studio code generation type without manually changing each /MD in the cache to another value? Maybe something like a central code-generation OPTION() that would only appear when generating Visual Studio workspaces. Based on that variable, the appropriate /MD, /MT, etc. switch would get added automatically to the CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS variables.

Thanks,
Chris
--
Chris Scharver