[Cmake] strange behavior

Ken Martin ken.martin at kitware.com
Fri May 2 11:56:56 EDT 2003

The foreach loop is being process for each subdirectory as well.
Normally this isn't a problem because all the commands in the foreach
loop are also inherited. But... there was a bug in CMake 1.6.5 where the
STRING command is not inherited. And that is causing your problem. I
know this is fixed in CVS CMake and it should be fixed for CMake 1.6.7
when we release that patch.  If you want to know what commands are
inherited (i.e. run for subdirs as well) you can look at the header
files for the command in the source distribution. I believe almost all
commands are inherited except for ADD_EXECUTABLE ADD_LIBRARY
ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND ADD_CUSTOM_TARGET INSTALL_FILES INSTALL_PROGRAM
INSTALL_TARGET and maybe one or two others.

Thanks
Ken

the
> parent's CMakeList.
> I get around this if I use a (obviously superfluous)
IF(PKGNAME)...ENDIF
> around the cache setting.
>
> I think this might either be a bug or the underlying mechanism how
CMake