[Cmake] planning KDevelop support

Stefan Schmidt Stefan.Schmidt at sophia.inria.fr
Fri May 2 10:15:52 EDT 2003

Hello,

I'd like to achieve some integration of CMake in KDevelop.

My question: In what way do I need to modify CMake to give me a list of all
source files, say, for a given target, or for the whole project (including
subdirs)?

Is it better to create a new Makefile generator, derived from the Unix one,
which additionally outputs such a list, or might it be better to create a new
CMake Command (or modify one of the ADD_EXECUTABLE commands) for that?

Some background information:
In the upcoming Kdevelop 3, there's support for "Parts" that handle project
management (there's already one for the autotools and one for qmake).
I imagine creating a Part like these which runs (a modified) CMake as the
configure step which creates this list. Then this list is used to form the
project's file tree view.
Additionally, integrating the cache editing GUI in the Part is possible, too.

What do you think about this?

Kind regards,
Stefan