[Cmake] Question: How to use INSTALL_FILES to install all of doc and html including in subdir

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Mar 25 17:53:32 EST 2003

> I am newbie to cmake, currently I write a CMakeList.txt in a
> directory(acutally /document) to build docs about our software project
> and if make install, those doc will be installed somewhere, I use
> INSTALL_FILES command to realize it, but I met a problem: what is regexp
> to let all of doc includeing those subdir be install? Thanks

There is no command to install an entire tree.  You can put a
CMakeLists.txt file in each directory, and then do

INSTALL_FILES(/doc/foo/bar "\\.(html|doc)$")

in each directory.  This will work for all non-generated documentation in
the source tree.  To install generated documentation, use

INSTALL_FILES(/doc/foo/bar .html file1 file2 ...)

where "file1.html", "file2.html", ... are the generated files.

Better support for installation is on our to-do list.

-Brad