[Cmake] feature request - separate user and system cmake cache files

Tony Pan tpan at bmi.osu.edu
Mon Mar 10 14:35:02 EST 2003

I apologize if this has already been brought up.  I think it would be
helpful if the CMakeCache.txt file can be split into a user file and a
system file.  The motivation for the request is that I have been setting
up several build environments, and typing in the same stuff over and
over is getting old very quickly.  It'd be nice if I can just copy the
user config file, make a few modifications, and then rerun cmake to
regenerate the system configs.  This would be useful for setting up
testing environments.  In addition, having separate cache files would
make updating src code to new versions easier and less prone to dirty
cache, as I'd only need to blow away the system cache.

Thanks.

Tony