[Cmake] Newbie Question: Can Cmake translate makeflies?

Bill Hoffman bill . hoffman at kitware . com
Fri, 25 Jul 2003 13:42:34 -0400

CMake takes as input CMakeLists.txt files.
It does not read makefiles.   It can produce
makefiles, or project files, but only reads the
CMake language files.

An example can be found here:

http://www . cmake . org/HTML/Examples . html