[Cmake] subsystem:windows (MS Visual Studio 7 specific?)

Jan Woetzel jw at mip . informatik . uni-kiel . de
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 16:46:50 +0200

Hi,

I am actually porting a Linux GUI application to MS Windows using
cmake 1.6.7, Visual studio 7 (and wxWindows 2.4.1).

I need to set /subsystem:windows for my project files (project
properties->linker->system->SubSystem).
[Just for information: Otherwise I get a linker error for
_mainCRTStartup,  I think it's the main/WinMain issue. ]

(1) Is it correct that /subsytem:windows is a linker flag which has to
be added to CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS ?
I added /subsystem:windows by hand during the camake run, but the
project properties didn't notice my change.

(2) I noticed that  CMAKE_CREATE_WIN32_EXE is set to this in
Platform/Windows-cl.cmake.
I think it's not used later - is this the desired behavior?
What is CMAKE_CREATE_WIN32_EXE for?

Sorry for this dumb question, but my Visual studio experience is quite
limited.

Best regards,
Jan.

--