[Cmake] Object Suffixes

Zennard Sun zen at ll . mit . edu
Wed, 09 Jul 2003 17:04:20 -0400

Hi Andy,
    I don't mean to keep pestering you, but this solution doesn't seem
to answer my question.  With your example, I have directories

/home/z/world
/home/z/world-linux
/home/z/world-sun

and the sources in /home/z/world.  I want to be able to run make without
knowing which system I'm on.  So I don't want two different makefiles in
the linux and sun directories.  In that case, I would have to go into
the world-linux directory first, knowing that I am compiling on a linux
machine.  Maybe I'm not understanding your solution, but I would like to
be able to compile and run from the same directory no matter what system
I'm under.  So in this case, I would like to run 'make' from
/home/z/world on a Solaris machine while also running 'make' on a Linux
machine also from /home/z/world.

Thanks

-Zennard Sun