[Cmake] Object Suffixes

Zennard Sun zen at ll . mit . edu
Wed, 09 Jul 2003 11:40:49 -0400

Hi Andy,
    Thank you for your response.  However, I am not sure exactly how to
go about this.  Let's say I have a directory called foo with sources
a.cc and b.cc.  I want to be able to compile for Linux, Solaris, and two
cross compilers simultaneously.  Then, I think you mean I should create
foo/Linux, foo/Solaris, foo/cross1, and foo/cross2 folders and call
cmake within each folder.  However, I want to automatically choose
between Linux vs Solaris correctly (right now I use CMAKE_SYSTEM) so
that users can simply call 'make' within the foo directory.  Do you have
any ideas on this?   I've looked into overriding the compiling rules (in
CMakeDefaultMakeRuleVariables.cmake) so that I can specify a different
location for the object files but I don't know the folder name until
after I call 'PROJECT' which must be called after I override the
compiler rules.  Thanks,

-Zennard Sun