[Cmake] Attention dashboard maintainers

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Feb 27 12:00:41 EST 2003

Hello,

The "Build Name" column on the CMake dashboard has been getting very wide
recently.  I think too much information is being specified in the build
name.  There is a SystemInformation test that prints out information
describing the platform, so we don't need all the details listed in the
build name.  Please consider updating your dashboards to have a more
consise description.  Perhaps something like PLATFORM-COMPILER
("`uname`-${CXX}").

For example,

  CYGWIN_NT-5.0-1.3.12_0.54_3

could be "CygwinNT-gcc295",

  FreeBSD-4.5-RPICS20020130-RELEASE-c++

could be "FreeBSD-gcc295", and

  Playstation2-Linux-2.2.1_gcc-2.95.2_-Wall_static

could be "Playstation2-gcc295".

Thanks,
-Brad