[Cmake] Questions about debug and release modes.

Mark Foskey mark_foskey at unc.edu
Mon Feb 24 21:14:46 EST 2003

First, how do you choose between debug, release, and other modes using
make?  Looking through a generated Makefile, I couldn't see any targets
with names like "debug", and none of the variables when I ran ccmake
seemed to give me that option, but perhaps I missed one.  I did see
cache variables that were designed to facilitate these different modes,
but I don't see how to use them.

Also, isn't there some way to generate a makefile or MSW project file
that can look for different libraries depending on whether Release or
Debug mode is chosen?  It seems that, when linking to FLTK, this doesn't
happen since you have to specify in the cache which library files to
use.  Yet it ought to be possible to generate a make file or project
file that conditionally chooses between the different options, no?

--
Mark Foskey    (919) 843-5436   Computer-Aided Diagnosis and Display Lab
mark_foskey at unc.edu             Department of Radiology, CB 7515, UNC