[Cmake] multi threaded libraries

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Wed Feb 12 11:20:49 EST 2003

Do you mean shared libraries?

If so, there are two ways:

1. add an option variable to your project called BUILD_SHARED_LIBS:
OPTION(BUILD_SHARED_LIBS "Build VTK with shared libraries." ON)
If that variable exists and is ON, then cmake will produce shared libraries.

2. You can force a library to always be shared like this:
ADD_LIBRARY(foo SHARED foo.cxx)
or static:
ADD_LIBRARY(foo STATIC foo.cxx)

-Bill