[Cmake] Control of order and libs

David Mellor david at paracom.demon.co.uk
Fri Oct 18 10:31:19 EDT 2002

I have a couple of questions on controlling library handling, under Linux
CMAKE.

1. How do I include a library inside another library? I am created library A
which must use libraries B and C. If A is a shared library then that will
force B and C to be housed inside A. For static .a libraries though CMake
prefers to pile them all on to the final binary executable.

I need to produce a library that internally holds all of the other libraries
that it needs.

2. Also, CMake pulls in the libraries in alphabetical order rather than in
the order specified in the CMakeLists.txt. Since some families of libraries
must be pulled in in a specific order, this is a problem.

I may have to resort to compiling some of the software with a man made
makefile.
Any ideas would be much appreciated,

David