[Cmake] Pb with Last CVS version of CMake

Thomas Deschamps tdeschamps at lbl.gov
Thu Nov 28 02:14:17 EST 2002

Hi

I have several pbs with the latest CVS version of CMake

1) It asks for a "Platform" directory which does not exist in Modules
2) It asks for a Linux.cmake file which does not exist in this directory
3) I compile VTK
4) When I try to link my code with VTK, it does not remember the
compiling options while it was doing so with the former version. In my
CMakeList.txt file, I've included the lines
IF(VTK_FOUND)
INCLUDE(${VTK_USE_FILE})
ENDIF(VTK_FOUND)
But when I type CMake, it answers

-- Looking for connect in socket
-- Looking for connect in socket - not found
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthreads
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthreads - not found
-- Checking for CXX include file iostream
-- Checking for CXX include file iostream -- found
-- Checking for CXX include file sstream
-- Checking for CXX include file sstream -- found
-- Looking for connect in socket
-- Looking for connect in socket - not found
CMake Error: The selected VTK was built with "g++", but the current
compiler is "c++".  Please set CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER to "g++".
-- Configuring done

And output no makefile of course.
What should I do to make it work?
Why all those "socket" messages?

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving for those concerned!

Thomas