[Cmake] cmake in IRIX

Alejandro Aceves aaceves at wsunix.wsu.edu
Sat Mar 16 03:59:52 EST 2002

I ran into some troubles while trying to run cmake (to install VTK 4) in
IRIX. My configuration is:
IRIX64  6.5 10100655 IP35

I downloaded the precompiled version of Irix 6.5 from your page and after
install it I got this message:
% ccmake
Error opening terminal: iris-ansi.

Of course I tried with an xterm later on, but did not work either.
Then I did download the source code and compile it.
Everything worked; however, when I try to edit a record from a ccmake
menu, the enter is not recognized, hence I had to run cmake -i.

I ran into some linking problems. Finally, I figured it out that for
whatever the reason, cmake never updated some files.
I had to go to some directories to run ccmake to make it work. The
specific directories were:
Rendering/Testing
Imaging/Testing/
Graphics/Testing

In Rendering, I had to edit the Makefile by hand because I got an error
(in ccmake) that said:
 CMake Error: Could not open file for read in copy operation
 ${VTK_SOURCE_DIR}/Rendering/tkInternals/.NoDartCoverage

So, I edited the Makefile, deleting that option in:
.SILENT:
CMAKE_MAKEFILE_SOURCES =
${VTK_SOURCE_DIR}/Rendering/tkInternals/.NoDartCoverage

I got more problems with linking Rendering/Testing/Cxx
After an hour of trying all the tricks in the hat, I ran out of thicks. I
deleted everything and started over (delete and reinstall everything).
I'll keep you posted.