[Cmake] Determining host compiler/OS from CMake

John Biddiscombe jbiddiscombe at skippingmouse.co.uk
Tue Mar 5 12:32:33 EST 2002

> The SOURCE_FILES_FLAGS is SOURCE_FILES_COMPILER_FLAGS_LITERAL as far ok.

> Source files linker flags does not make sense, perhaps a
> TARGET_LINKER_FLAGS, since you do
> not use the linker on source files, but only when building a target.

Good point.

> Does it really happen that much that you want different linker flags for
> each target?
> Other than the libraries it uses, which is already supported.

Not often, but yesterday, I just happened to be trying to include some
linker flags to control the CodeGuard support (memory resource leaks etc)
and it slows the program down a lot so I wanted one source (sorry, target)
to use it but not the others. Not sure if I'll ever need it again, but since
it'd be trivial to implement, given the other things you're doing...

JB