[Cmake] SUBDIRS command

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Mon Jun 10 09:21:32 EDT 2002

The makefiles generated by cmake, make sure that make builds in each of the sub directories in the order is specified in the cmake list file.   So, for parallel builds, cmake will never build more than one sub directory at a time.   For single threaded builds, cmake has always built the directories in the order specified.   SUBDIRS_DEPENDS was only for parallel builds, and now is not needed because the order is the same for parallel and single builds.

-Bill