[Cmake] Is there any documentation for ctest?

Ken Martin ken.martin at kitware.com
Mon Feb 18 15:45:34 EST 2002

Hello Ian,

> Does it have any options?

ctest supports one option -R which can be used to specify a regular
expression to use a filter for what tests to run. For example

cd mybindir
ctest -R tiff

would run any tests that match the regular expression tiff. This makes
it quick to just run one or two tests if you know their names. It
supports full regular expressions.

> How do you control where it dumps its output?

It writes its output to stderr.

> How does it know which programs to run?

In CMake there is a ADD_TEST command. ctest will run any tests
specified by ADD_TEST commands. From an implementation point of view
it looks for a file called DartTestfile.txt (dart uses the same file)
in the current directory.

> If someone gives me the answers, I'll put them into CMake.rtf
>
> Ian.

Thanks
Ken