[Cmake] Cmake_on_OpenBSD3.0

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Feb 7 08:20:30 EST 2002

> c++ -DCMAKE_ROOT_DIR='"/home/khasanov/Python/CMake-1.2"' -g -O2
> -DCMAKE_HAS_AUTOCONF -I/h
> ome/khasanov/Python/CMake-1.2/Source -c cmCommands.cxx -o cmCommands.o
> /tmp/ccy31715.s: Assembler messages:
> /tmp/ccy31715.s:631443: Fatal error:virtual memory exceeded
> gmake[1]: *** [cmCommands.o] Error 1
cmCommands.cxx is a file that includes many of the other .cxx files in its
directory.  This approach allows us to have cmake bootstrap its own build
without an existing installation or a complicated hand-written make
system.  Your compiler really is running out of memory.  Try removing the
-O2 option, which will hopefully reduce the amount of memory the compiler
needs.  CMake does little that requires that kind of optimization anyway.

We will look into splitting up that source file to reduce compiler memory
requirements.

Thanks for you report,
-Brad