[Cmake] specifying a Makefile with make's -f option

Wheeler, Fred (CRD) wheeler at crd.ge.com
Fri Feb 1 18:47:51 EST 2002

Suggestion:  It might be a good idea for cmake to add "-f Makefile" after "$(MAKE)" in the makefiles
it creates.  The "-f" option forces make to use "Makefile", the makefile cmake created, instead of
some other old makefile that happens to be laying about.  I had some minor problems building VXL
inside the source dir because there were files named "makefile" (note the case), and GNU make looks
for and uses "makefile" before "Makefile".  With the "-f" option you could even name the files
"CMake.mk".  I don't know how portable the -f option is.

Fred Wheeler