[Cmake] No dependencies on new files in AUX_SOURCE_DIRECTORY

Ian Scott ian.m.scott at stud.man.ac.uk
Fri Feb 1 07:18:00 EST 2002

Hi,

We've just noticed a problem with the CMake / Dashboard / VXL interaction.

The dashboard noticed an error ( due to files missing from
mul/mil/algo/templates)

All the files in mul/mil/algo/templates are built from a command in
/mul/mil/algo/CmakeLists.txt

#  /mul/mil/algo/CmakeLists.txt
ADD_LIBRARY(mil_algo mil_algo_sources)

SOURCE_FILES(mil_algo_sources
  mil_algo_exp_filter_1d.cxx
  mil_algo_grad_3x3.cxx
)

AUX_SOURCE_DIRECTORY(Templates mil_algo_sources )
# end of Cmakelists.txt

After noticing the missing files. We have checked them in.
Unfortunately cmake doesn't pick them up, because the makefile can't
be dependent on files that don't exist yet.

Whilst we can fix this locally by forcing a rerun of cmake, we can't do this
on the
machines running continuous dashboard contributions.

A proposed solution: Could the makefile be given a dependency on the
directory specified
in AUX_SOURCE_DIRECTORY. This way, any additions to Templates would update
the directory's last-modified date, and trigger a rerun of cmake.

Regards,
Ian.