[Cmake] CMake 1.6 feature request/suggestion

Amitha Perera perera at cs.rpi.edu
Tue Aug 27 12:44:33 EDT 2002

For CMake 1.6, perhaps you could add a mechanism to group options in
categories? Right now, an entry in the cache could be marked advanced
or not. Perhaps associating each entry with a group name would be a
better structure.

I haven't thought this through completely, but I'll write down my
half-baked ideas in case it inspires someone. Consider, for example,
the "new" format for the FindXXX modules. It would be nice to have the
CMake GUI just display "XXX_FOUND = NO", and have a "+" or whatever to
display the related options ("XXX_LIBRARY", "XXX_INCLUDE_PATH", etc.)
This provides, I think, a less cluttered and more understandable view
of the cache.

Amitha.