[Cmake] Strange

Ken Martin ken.martin at kitware.com
Fri Aug 9 13:48:07 EDT 2002

Yes I believe the arguments to ELSE and ENDIF could be made optional. Same
for the ENDFOREACH command. Making them required does force people to
document their files. In C/C++ long if statements are easier to read if they
are written as:

if (win32)
  {
  }
else // win32
  {
  } // win32

The current syntax forces people to do this. I can relax this syntax and let
people do

IF (WIN32)
  GOOBER()
ELSE () # WIN32
  GOOBER()
ENDIF () # WIN32

but then the comments can get out of sync with the actual IF. The current
syntax makes sure they stay consistent. I'm open to discussion although my
leaning would be to leave them as required.

Thanks
Ken
  Given the correction to the ELSE command, is there any chance that the
arguments to ELSE
  and ENDIF can be eliminated.  It is confusing to people to see an IF and
an ELSE with the
  same condition (arguments).

  Jim