[Cmake] Trouble at'Mill

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Mon Aug 5 11:35:20 EDT 2002

At 04:12 PM 8/5/2002 +0100, John Biddiscombe wrote:
>> 1) use the name passed in to your command if you can
>> 2) if you need a cmSourceFile, get it from the makefile, and if it
>> isn't in the makefile you must create it and add it to the Makefile
>
>OK. It's all working now. Using the name is ok, but its very odd that the source don't exist yet. Never mind. (I guess the Abstract flag forces the sources to be created because they're needed to set the flag, but the concrete ones get delayed....I think I understand what's happening now..)

Not, that odd.  In CMake 1.4, sources are passed around in variables as simple strings.
Until a command needs to actually do something with the file, the source object is
not created.  The abstract flag is on the source file object, so it requires it
to be created.

>Many thanks for feedback. Still having dependency trouble with TargetLinkLibs(...)

I am not sure I get this problem.    I don't think cmake ever had dependencies on shared libraries.  It should only need to relink if the interface has changed.   And the
only way to change the interface, is by changing a .h file.   Perhaps the real problem
you are having is with the depends in the .h files.

-Bill