[Cmake] SOURCE_FILES deprecation

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Tue Apr 23 07:58:39 EDT 2002

At 03:43 PM 4/22/2002 -0400, Amitha Perera wrote:

>On this topic, is there a recommended way to introduce new commands
>(like SET_SOURCE_FILES_PROPERTIES) without breaking builds with older
>versions of CMake?

If a command makes into an official release of cmake, we plan to keep it
around for backwards compatibility for as long as possible.   That is why we
introduced the CMAKE_REQUIRED_VERSION command.   It allows us to know what
version of CMake the cmakelist file was meant to work with.

SOURCE_FILES_FLAGS was never in an official release, so it was replaced with
the more generic SET_SOURCE_FILES_PROPERITES before the release.

-Bill