[Cmake] Runtime search paths under Unix

Amitha Perera perera at cs.rpi.edu
Fri Jun 8 00:38:19 EDT 2001

I've patched... sorry, enhanced... the unix Makefile generator to
add runtime search paths to the link line. The two variables it needs
are set in the cache, and initially generated from
Templates/configure.in. I used tcl8.3's configure.in to try to get the
appropriate values for as many platforms as I could, but I can only
guarantee it for FreeBSD.

What is missing is a clean way to specify additional runtime search
paths (for system specific libraries), since variables such as
CMAKE_SHLIB_LINK are used only when linking a library, not when
linking an executable. Perhaps yet another variable? CMAKE_EXE_LINK?

Amitha.