[Cmake] Autological Makefiles

John Biddiscombe jbiddiscombe at skippingmouse . co . uk
Tue, 05 Jun 2001 06:39:03 +0100

>That is not quite what I suggested.
>default_target:
>   make makefile # first make sure the makefile is up-to-date
>   make all # now rerun make for the all target, if the makefile was

I'm so sorry. I completely didn't understand what you were on about....
Having experimented with stuff I've made a discovery (ie I found out what
you meant)... You can specify the target of the makefile on the command
line. This is wonderful and now it all works. I can't believe I've lived
this long (and generated this many makefiles) without realizing that you
can do this.

Hurrah! Its all working now.

thanks very much

JB