[Cmake] header files

Ian Scott ian.m.scott at stud.man.ac.uk
Thu Dec 13 06:33:06 EST 2001

Phil,

We have done it for some things in $VXLROOT/mul, where it very usefully
causes the identifier name, and class member completion to work.

You can just add the .h files to SOURCE_FILES list. This does the correct
thing under MSVC.
Unfortunately under Unix makefiles, this causes the make to attempt to
compile the .h files. So you simply put a guard around the addition of the
.h files as in the following example.

e.g. in $VXLROOT/mul/mbl/CMakeLists.txt

> ADD_LIBRARY(mbl mbl_sources)
>
> SOURCE_FILES(mbl_sources
> mbl_gamma.cxx
> mbl_matrix_products.cxx
> )

> IF (WIN32)
>   IF (NOT CYGWIN)
>     INCLUDE( ${allvxl_SOURCE_DIR}/mul/mbl/CMakeListsHeaders.txt )
>   ENDIF (NOT CYGWIN)
> ENDIF(WIN32)

and then in $VXLROOT/mul/mbl/CMakeListsHeaders.txt

> SOURCE_FILES(mbl_sources
> mbl_gamma.h
> mbl_matrix_products.h
> )

You could of course put the contents of CMakeListsHeaders.txt directly into
the CMakeLists.txt file.

I guess we should extend this system to the rest of VXL - it has been
working with no problem for over a month now.

Regards,
Ian
Ian Scott              	 BT/Royal Commission Industrial Fellow
Dept. of Imaging Science        	ian.m.scott at stud.man.ac.uk
Stopford Building				  tel: +44 (0)161 275 7357
University of Manchester		  fax: +44 (0)161 275 5145
                            http://www.isbe.man.ac.uk/~iscott/