[Cmake] Error when using libraries generated with CMake-output projects

Asad A. Abu-Tarif tarifa at rpi.edu
Mon Dec 3 23:28:50 EST 2001

Hi,
I started using CMake to generate libraries from a registration package
that I'm working on.
I used to build the libraries using VC++ by creating a new project from
the VC++. What I have done, I created the CMakeLists.txt and used
CMake to generate the projects.
The project are created fine and the program compiles and the libraries
generated (namely, I generate 6 libraries).
However, whenever I try to use the libraries generated in an MFC
application, the application compilation (linking) fails complaining that
it can't find an entry point?
If I use the libraries generated from the projects that was created directly
from VC++, the application links and runs fine??

Did anyone face this problem before??

The only guess I have is the DllMain function. In all the library projects
created
using VC++, the Dev. environment automatically generates a .cpp file with
the function DllMain that serves as a starting point when the LoadLibrary
or FreeLibrary processes are called. However, This is not done in the
projects generated by CMake.
Do I need to create the DllMain function manually? Is there another solution
for this problem?

Thank you very much for any help!!
Regards,
Asad
     /                        Asad A. Abu-Tarif
\
     |   Computer Engineering.

     |   PhD Candidate, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI).       |