[Cmake] .NET LINK32 line lengths

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Fri Aug 17 14:47:29 EDT 2001

Hi,

I have a beta version of the new dev studio .NET.   It is able to load
the projects that we generated for the old .dsp files, but it can not
load the .dsp files that cmake generates for executables.

I have narrowed the problem down to the
# ADD LINK32 ...
stuff.   It would seem that the new .NET parser for old dsp files does not
like all those separate lines.

Does anyone know the line limit that caused us to break it up into multiple lines?
I was thinking that I could produce fewer lines and it would be happy.
In the long run, we will write a new generator that produces the new project files.
(which BTW, are XML, and look easier to generate)
However, in the short run, it would be good if the current output from cmake could
be used in the new .NET environment.

-Bill