[CMake-Promote] an anti-cmake rant

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 17:30:01 EST 2008

http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/articles/2008/01/06/im-not-an-happy-maintainer-working-with-cmake

I could respond to this guy's blog entry, but I thought I'd ask what
you folks make of it first.  This is certainly a case of someone who's
very unhappy about CMake.  What is he right about?  What is he just
pissing and moaning about, because he doesn't know his way around?  If
he doesn't know his way around some things, is that because of
documentation?  Or because of different expectations about case use?
Is he Linux biased, doesn't understand the whole Windows Debug/Release
drill?  Is he biased towards small software projects rather than large
software projects?  Is CMake becoming biased towards large projects,
and in danger of losing small guys that just want something simple
that works?  I mean, I lost Chicken Scheme that way.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every