[cmake-developers] [Discussion] Add python support for CMakeLists

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Jan 16 15:59:59 EST 2017

On 01/16/2017 03:40 PM, Florent Castelli wrote:
> Well, CMake scripts can be written in a somewhat declarative form now.
[snip]
> I made some functions with parameters similar to the example above and
> everything became a (custom) declarative format.

Yes, many projects have macros/functions to achieve exactly that.
This shows that a preferred form for editing the spec, even for
humans, is a declarative format.  In the above cases that format is
stored inside `CMakeLists.txt` files or loaded by them.  This is
consistent with my proposal for a generalized declarative spec
that is loaded by the procedural language for evaluation.