[cmake-developers] C++11 all features available?

Sebastian Holtermann seblist at xwmw.org
Mon Aug 21 10:46:56 EDT 2017

Am Montag, 21. August 2017, 10:12:26 CEST schrieb Ben Boeckel:
> On Mon, Aug 21, 2017 at 15:53:11 +0200, Sebastian Holtermann wrote:
> >  - std::array
>
> I don't see why not.
>
> >  - std::basic_regex (and friends)
>
> Note that we require backwards compat with the old regex engine, so this
> one needs to be used carefully and only on internal uses.
>
> >  - std::thread (and friends)
> >  - std::atomic_flag
>
> CMake uses threads? ;)

Well, a search for "thread" didn't return much.

I was toying with the idea to parallelize Autogen but I couldn't find a proper
solution that uses the existing target/custom_command primitives.
So why not doing it all in the FOO_autogen target itself, which is a black box
to the user anyway. Thread pools are an option here. But as mentioned in an
other post, that would required several of CMake's utility functions to be
thread safe as well...

-Sebastian