[cmake-developers] Future of ccmake and cmake-gui and internationalization

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Thu Aug 17 14:54:52 EDT 2017

On 2017-08-17 08:55-0700 Eric Wing wrote:

> On 8/17/17, Alan W. Irwin <irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca> wrote:
>> On 2017-08-17 04:15-0700 Eric Wing wrote:
>>
>>> I hope I'm doing this right...but the resulting program I think looks
>>> correct testing on my Mac. Attached are two pictures.
>>>
>>> The first is a simple label in a window.
>>> The second is from your MessageBox line.
>>
>> Yes, I confirm those two PNG images have that Arabic Peace word rendered
>> in the correct right-to-left order.
>>
>> So that settles the question for what I assume is your Mac OS X native
>> graphics back end.  Can you (or some other IUP developer) do that same
>> simple test for Linux native graphics (probably GTK+) backend and
>> native Windows graphics backend?
>>
>> Alan
>> ___
>
> I think it works.
> Attached are screenshots from Ubuntu 12.04LTS with the GTK2 backend,
> and Windows.

I confirm that (rho-like character rendered on the left, omega-like
character rendered on the right) which should put this CTL concern to rest.

Thanks for your help answering this critical question (from my
perspective) for the three separate platforms.

By the way, could you let me know if/when your CMake-based build
system is completed to your satisfaction and ideally accepted into
official IUP?  I am prejudiced toward using CMake-based build system
alternatives whenever possible so official acceptance by IUP
developers of your build-system work will likely be the occasion when
I first give an IUP build a try.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin