[cmake-developers] Nighly build of CMake release branch available?

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Apr 25 10:39:08 EDT 2017

On 04/25/2017 10:32 AM, Gregor Jasny via cmake-developers wrote:
> I wonder if a nightly (or on-demand) build of the CMake release branch
> is available somewhere as it is for the master branch. That would help
> me testing those snapshots within our companies projects.

No, we don't currently have one for `release`.  Unfortunately I don't
think the build machines have room for more than one binary each night
since they are also used for other things.  Also we'd have to be careful
providing such binaries because their version number would look like a
release even though they are not the actual tagged version.

Technically there is not one for `master` either.  They are built from
the MR topic staging branch, which consists of `master` plus all the
staged MRs.  This makes it easy for reporters to test fixes before
they are merged.  It also gives our MRs the same testing that is done
for release binary builds (except for manual steps).