[cmake-developers] the default value in CMake 3.5.2 for CMAKE_OSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET is too low for Xcode6

James Burgess jamesrburgess at mac.com
Mon May 23 17:22:28 EDT 2016

Hi Brad,
 Apologies, I didn’t look closely enough/didn’t understand that the discovery modules would be under influence of CMAKE_OSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET set from the CMakeFiles.txt, makes total sense now that you said that.

This is the doxygen project, I just did a git clone of their latest. Their CMakeLists.txt file is the problem, it has:

if (${CMAKE_SYSTEM} MATCHES "Darwin")
    set(CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS "-Wno-deprecated-register -mmacosx-version-min=10.5 ${CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS}")
    set(CMAKE_C_FLAGS "-Wno-deprecated-register -mmacosx-version-min=10.5 ${CMAKE_C_FLAGS}”)
endif()

If I'm going to put that in my CMakeList.txt then I don’t think CMake can really stop me from shooting myself in the foot.

Cheers,
- James