[cmake-developers] [ANNOUNCE] CMake C++ coding style transition

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue May 17 10:22:31 EDT 2016

On 05/12/2016 09:58 AM, Brad King wrote:
> The transition will be implemented as a one-shot automated style conversion
> recorded as a commit by "Kitware Robot".  The use of this author will call
> out the transition in `git blame` output that reaches it.  I plan to perform
> the final conversion sometime before the 3.6 release freeze so that fixes
> for the release do not have to be backported to the old style.

The transition has been completed and merged to 'master' here:

 Merge topic 'clang-format-source'
 https://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commit;h=7d2a0aa7

> For those of you with open topics it should be possible to rebase them
> across the style transition automatically.  I will include an empty commit
> preceding the transition to aid with this.  Its commit message will explain
> what to do.  I can help with the process for anyone that has trouble.

The empty commit is here:

 Empty commit at end of history preceding clang-format style transition
 https://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commit;h=82df6dea

The main transition commit is here:

 Revise C++ coding style using clang-format
 https://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commit;h=d9fd2f54