[cmake-developers] Make CPACK_RPM_PACKAGE_RELEASE match Fedora/RHOS/CentOS recommended behaviour

Harry Mallon Harry at codexdigital.com
Sun May 8 16:50:17 EDT 2016

Hi,

Here is another go. I have added a 3rd variable but I think it means that current behaviour is continued and your input (thanks Dolf and Romen) has been addressed.
https://github.com/hm1992/CMake/commit/2f54442388ab767f60fcb8cde1db2236ae535080

# CPACK_RPM_DIST
if(NOT CPACK_RPM_DIST)
  execute_process(COMMAND ${RPMBUILD_EXECUTABLE} -E %{?dist}
                  OUTPUT_VARIABLE CPACK_RPM_DIST
                  ERROR_QUIET
                  OUTPUT_STRIP_TRAILING_WHITESPACE)
endif()

# CPACK_RPM_PACKAGE_RELEASE_NUMBER
# The RPM release is the numbering of the RPM package ITSELF
# this is the version of the PACKAGING and NOT the version
# of the CONTENT of the package.
# You may well need to generate a new RPM package release
# without changing the version of the packaged software.
# This is the case when the packaging is buggy (not) the software :=)
# If not set, 1 is a good candidate.
if(NOT CPACK_RPM_PACKAGE_RELEASE_NUMBER)
  set(CPACK_RPM_PACKAGE_RELEASE_NUMBER "1")
endif()

# CPACK_RPM_PACKAGE_RELEASE
if(NOT CPACK_RPM_PACKAGE_RELEASE)
  # CMake default e.g. "1"
  set(CPACK_RPM_PACKAGE_RELEASE "${CPACK_RPM_PACKAGE_RELEASE_NUMBER}")
elseif(${CPACK_RPM_PACKAGE_RELEASE} STREQUAL "RPMBUILD-DEFAULT")
  # Fedora/CentOS default e.g. "1.el7.centos"
  set(CPACK_RPM_PACKAGE_RELEASE
      "${CPACK_RPM_PACKAGE_RELEASE_NUMBER}${CPACK_RPM_DIST}")
endif()

Harry Mallon

CODEX | Software Engineer

60 Poland Street | London | England | W1F 7NT

E harry at codexdigital.com<mailto:harry at codexdigital.com> | T +44 203 7000 989<callto:+44%20203%207000%20989>

Website<www.codexdigital.com> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/codexdigital> | Twitter<http://twitter.com/codexdigital>

[http://www.codexdigital.com/?action=asset&id=E55D8A6F-AF62-4978-8FF1-435A85AFADBF]<http://www.codexdigital.com>