[cmake-developers] CMake 32 and 64 bit packages on Windows

Nils Gladitz nilsgladitz at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 10:01:44 EDT 2016

On 06/21/2016 03:37 PM, Brad King wrote:

> Nils, the installers in question were produced from your WiX
> installer work (thanks again for that!).  Is this something wrong
> with the 64-bit installer or simply a Windows/MSI subtlety/bug?

I can't try this out here right now but looking at the windows installer
documentation[1] applications should be automatically notified about
environment variable changes performed by the .msi by the
WM_SETTINGCHANGE message.

I am not sure which processes listen and act on the message.

Nils

[1]
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa372883(v=vs.85).aspx