[cmake-developers] CMake 32 and 64 bit packages on Windows

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 17:10:02 EDT 2016

Brad King wrote:

> MSI
> takes care of reversing effects of the removed installation, so that
> may have removed it from your PATH.

Hmm, the steps I took were:

* Uninstall my pre-existing CMake 3.1 installation
* Install the CMake 3.5 32 bit package
** At this point everything worked on the command line. Maybe MSI added the
correct directory to the PATH.
* Install the CMake 3.6 RC 64 bit package
** This may have caused MSI to remove the CMake 3.5 installation and to
reverse the PATH manipulation for CMake 3.5.
** The install location for CMake 3.6 RC 64 bit was not added to my PATH?
* Install the CMake 3.6 RC 32 bit package
** This added the correct directory to my PATH, so I could use it in the
command line environment.

Even if I look at it this way, there still seems to be a bug somewhere.

If no one can reproduce this, then I may have somehow made a mistake in the
installation.

Thanks,

Steve.