[cmake-developers] [patch] New find module FindXalanC

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Jan 19 11:50:24 EST 2016

On 01/19/2016 11:39 AM, Roger Leigh wrote:
> Merged into next from the staging branch "xalanc" for review and
> testing.  Includes a couple of unit tests to validate.  Since it depends
> on XercesC, I hope what I've done here for the imported and non-imported
> target cases is OK.

Thanks.  Please also add a Help/release/dev/FindXalanC.rst release note
that mentions the new module.

I've updated one of our nightly testing machines to enable the new test
for this topic.

> +find_package(XercesC 3.0.0 REQUIRED)

Please add a comment here justifying use of this particular version number.
Explain that/why it does not depend on the XalanC version requested.

> +# ``XalanC_LIBRARIES``
> +# Xalan libraries to be linked; note ``XercesC_LIBRARIES`` is also
> +# required

Our convention is to include dependencies in reported values automatically.
See FindPNG for its use of ZLIB, for example.