[cmake-developers] generator expression for path slash conversion

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Sep 24 10:21:37 EDT 2015

On 09/24/2015 09:05 AM, Kislinskiy, Stefan wrote:
> I factored out the code from cmOutputConverter::ConvertToOutputFormat()
> into another helper method called ConvertDirectorySeparatorsForShell(),
> changed the SHELL_PATH genex to accept only absolute paths, and changed
> its documentation accordingly. I also added a BadSHELL_PATH test to the
> RunCMake/GeneratorExpression tests, that use the SHELL_PATH genex with
> an empty parameter as well as a relative path. I also fixed the
> TEST/CTEST typo you discovered yesterday.

Thanks.  I started with a change to simplify the test infrastructure slightly:

 Tests: Simplify GeneratorExpression check implementation
 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=7de868c4

Then I applied your changes with minor tweaks and merged to 'next'
for testing:

 Genex: Add a SHELL_PATH expression
 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=8adf6ab5

I left out the ExternalProjectShellPathGenex test because it fails
on the Ninja, MSYS Makefiles, and MinGW Makefiles generators on
Windows.  The 'pushd' and 'popd' commands do not work there due to
the way the build tool runs the command in a shell.  It passed for
me only in a VS IDE generator.  See also David Cole's sibling
response about this test.