[cmake-developers] Odd behaviour in VS14 (Visual studio 2015)

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Fri Sep 11 08:38:52 EDT 2015

Using cmake 3.3.1

I have been having problems with projects in VS14 and it appears to be caused by the generation of paths used by/in the IDE
D:\Code\hvtkm\vtkm\vtkm/worklet/GaussianSplatter.h
whereas it used to always be
D:\Code\hvtkm\vtkm\vtkm\worklet\GaussianSplatter.h

Note the forwardslash instead of backslash in the latest IDE

The result is that when you click on an error, the window opens up a 'new' copy of the file and changes you make in it are not always picked up, syntax highlighting, debug watches/vars don't work and I've lost quite a bit of work by having 'N' copies of the file open and saved one without realising another was open multiple times with changes in.

I will submit a bug report, but before I do, has anyone else noticed this (I'm afraid I don't follow the list very thoroughly and my quick check on mantis revealed nothing). I suspect I'm doing something wrong, so though I'd ask before creating an issue...

thanks

JB

--
John Biddiscombe,                        email:biddisco @.at.@ cscs.ch