[cmake-developers] Add CXX_STANDARD support for Intel C++ compilers

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Nov 16 11:42:54 EST 2015

HI Levi,

Thanks for coming forward to work on this!

On 11/16/2015 11:34 AM, Levi Morrison wrote:
> Why is MSVC doing a version check around the CXX_STANDARD_DEFAULT?

The version check delimits the set of versions for which CMake
has recorded knowledge of C++ feature availability.

> Should I be doing this for Intel as well?
> I also don't know the complete version numbers for some of these
> things, such as how far back they support `-std=c++98`. I only
> have Intel compilers from version 12.0 and up. Should I guard
> the CMAKE_CXX98_STANDARD_COMPILE_OPTION around 12 since that's
> all I have available to test?

Yes.  If you cannot reliably fill out the information for older
versions then just leave them out.  Others can fill them in if
needed.  This is what was done for MSVC and GNU compilers.