[cmake-developers] C# support status?

Stuermer, Michael SP/HZA-ZSEP michael.stuermer at schaeffler.com
Tue Nov 3 05:39:06 EST 2015

Hi,

there is an initial implementation on my github:

https://github.com/micst/CMake

Check out the "csharp" branch. It merges well with the current master of CMake (last test yesterday, but not yet pushed to github). I would love to see this in upstream some day, but currently quite a bunch of work is missing until it can get accepted:

-          the module scripts for finding and configuring the compiler should be improved, I just hacked them so that my build here works

-          documentation does not really exist. I added a few target- and file-properties that need explanation as well as some automated bundling of .resx|.settings|.Designer.cs|.xaml files with corresponding .cs sources.

-          tests ... well they are missing as well :(

At the moment only visual studio generator and only version 2013 is accepted/implemented. It should not be a big task to enhance it to support 2015 as well. It would be great to have at least nmake, but I have absolutely no time right now to continue my work on C# support for CMake.

I have a test-project for testing the C# support on github

https://github.com/micst/CMakeCSharpTest

but I'm not sure if it still works as didn't run it for quite some time.

Please let me know if you like to contribute in any way to this.

Best Regards

Michael Stürmer
SP/HZA-ZSEP
Postcode HZA 13-4-06
SZ.Prozessdatenverarbeitung

Schaeffler Technologies AG & Co. KG
Industriestraße 1-3
91074 Herzogenaurach (Germany)
Tel. +49  91 32 / 82 - 86350  ·  Fax +49 91 32 / 82 - 45 86350
Mobil.: +49 171 6860010
mailto:michael.stuermer at schaeffler.com<mailto:stefan.soutschek at schaeffler.com>  ·  http://www.ina.de<http://www.ina.de/>

Registered Seat: Herzogenaurach
Commercial Register: AG Fürth HRA 9349

General Partner: INA Beteiligungsgesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung Registered Seat: Herzogenaurach (Germany)
Commercial Register: AG Fürth HRB 2379

Managing Directors:
Klaus Rosenfeld (CEO), Prof. Dr. Peter Gutzmer, Norbert Indlekofer, Oliver Jung, Kurt Mirlach, Prof. Dr. Peter Pleus, Robert Schullan

This e-mail message is intended only for the use of the named recipient-(s) and contains information which may be confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any distribution, or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please notify the sender and delete the material from the computer.