[cmake-developers] FW: FW: Initial Attempt at Green Hill MULTI IDE Generator Support

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Mar 31 13:16:25 EDT 2015

On 03/31/2015 12:43 PM, Geoffrey Viola wrote:
>> Instead, please look at using GetCompRoot in FindGhsBuildCommand.
>
> Thanks for the tip. That was an easy fix. Attached is the new patch.

I've added that to the topic:

 GHS: Fix tests by finding make program when cleaning
 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=79fe11f1

>> modules.  See Modules/Compiler/Intel-*.cmake for an example.
>> Then make sure the generator reads the flag values for the current
>> configuration and uses them.
>
> I added the files in the patch and noted them being read, but
> I haven't figured out the best way to extract the flags.

I've added that part to the topic:

 GHS: Initialize CMAKE_<LANG>_FLAGS[_<CONFIG>]
 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=ff7ecb92

I left out the hard-coded flag updates to the generator because
it should be replaced by using these flag variables anyway.

The language/config flag cache entries and all the other places
that CMake supports adding flags are all collected together by
the generators.  See

 cmVisualStudio10TargetGenerator::ComputeClOptions
 cmMakefileTargetGenerator::GetFlags
 cmMakefileTargetGenerator::GetDefines
 cmNinjaTargetGenerator::ComputeDefines
 cmNinjaTargetGenerator::ComputeFlagsForObject

for some examples.  This generator needs to do that too.

> In the Modules/Compiler/Intel-C.cmake file CMAKE_C_CREATE_PREPROCESSED_SOURCE
> and CMAKE_C_CREATE_ASSEMBLY_SOURCE are set, but I wasn't sure what they did
> so I deleted them.

Correct.