[cmake-developers] OSX - Application bundle and private frameworks?

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Jul 15 09:10:32 EDT 2015

On 07/13/2015 06:43 PM, Raffi Enficiaud wrote:
> - and I specify the location of those frameworks within the application bundle:
>
> set_source_files_properties(${fcCamFramework}  PROPERTIES MACOSX_PACKAGE_LOCATION Frameworks)
> set_source_files_properties(${sbigudFramework} PROPERTIES MACOSX_PACKAGE_LOCATION Frameworks)
>
> The problem is the following:
> - Everything works fine with XCode, I have the full content of the
>   frameworks at the specified location
> - When I use the Makefile generator, I have only one file per framework
>   instead of the directory and the framework content:

The MACOSX_PACKAGE_LOCATION source file property was created
for marking individual source files.  The possibility of marking
a (framework) directory with the property was never considered
AFAIK.  For Xcode it may work by accident.  I would not be opposed
to a change to make something like this work for directories too,
but someone would have to investigate it.

Meanwhile take a look at the BundleUtilities module:

 http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.3/module/BundleUtilities.html

and its fixup_bundle() helper.  They are meant for preparing
complete bundles for packaging and distribution.